Every business generates documents. Whether it’s a one-page document or a hundred-page document client file, at some point, you will no longer need it, and it needs to be disposed of properly. If these steps aren’t taken, then your information could end up in the wrong hands and be used against your company. That’s why businesses rely on document destruction services to dispose of their documents in a secure manner. In this article, we will go into more detail about document destruction, the process, and the top 5 reasons why businesses depend on document destruction services.
What are Document Destruction Services?
Document destruction is a service performed by professional shredding companies that provide a secure method of destroying documents containing sensitive information. This could be anything from financial records to employee files. Once the document has been destroyed, it can no longer be reconstructed or read in any way, protecting your information.
The Shredding Process
As shredding processes vary by company, we will go through the shredding process for Advanced Data Storage.
- The first step is to contact us so we can discuss what your shredding needs are and help you find the right shredding service for your business.
- Next is choosing the schedule. When we are only doing a purge shredding service, we will just choose a specific day where we will come to do the shredding. If you decide on scheduled shredding, we will help you determine how often you need it scheduled, whether weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or bi-monthly.
- It’s shredding day. We will come in our mobile shredding truck and collect the documents you want to be destroyed. If it’s a mobile shredding service, we will shred everything right on location, where you can even watch. If you want off-site shredding, the documents will be destroyed at our secure shredding facility.
- Once your documents have been destroyed, you will receive a Certificate of Destruction. Proof that they have been destroyed securely.
- Lastly, all the shredded bits of paper are recycled. Furthermore, keeping them out of landfills and adding an additional layer of protection since they are turned into pulp, therefore destroying them even further.
Why Businesses Depend on Document Destruction Services
There are many different reasons why businesses of all sizes depend on document destruction services, but we have narrowed it down to the top five.
One of the main reasons businesses use document destruction services is for security purposes. If documents are not disposed of properly, they could end up in the wrong hands and be used against the company. By using a document destruction service, you can be sure that your documents will be destroyed in a secure manner and will no longer pose a threat to your company.
Many businesses are required by law to destroy certain types of documents. For example, financial institutions are required to shred customer records after seven years. If these documents are not shredded, the business could face hefty fines or even jail time.
It may seem like document destruction services would be expensive, but it is actually more cost-effective to use a document destruction service than to try and destroy the documents yourself. When you factor in the cost of buying or renting a shredder, hiring someone to operate it and disposing of the shredded paper, it is much cheaper to use a document destruction service.
A great thing about document destruction services is that they are convenient. You don’t have to worry about destroying the documents yourself, you can just contact the company, and they will take care of everything for you.
Peace of Mind
Knowing that your documents have been destroyed in a secure manner gives you peace of mind and allows you to focus on more important tasks.
Businesses have a lot to lose if they don’t dispose of their documents properly. That’s why it is so important to partner with a document destruction service that can ensure your confidential information stays confidential. At Advanced Data Storage, we understand the importance of document destruction and take every measure possible to keep your information safe. Contact us today for a quote on our services, and let us help you keep your business protected.